Thursday, June 30, 2016

Registering for Synchronized Napping Event


UPDATE: After getting my first entry who did a great job I realized I should ask for a couple of things she did include and one that was not. Please include the animals names and your blog address so I can put a link under your picture. This is a great way for people to meet you who might not already know you and your blog. If you don't have a blog or don't want it linked please leave the animal names so I can include them.

Also if you could tell me if you are looking to enter freestyle or parallel I'd appreciate it. It just saves time. If you don't label and I guess, don't be upset.

The Blogville Summer Games are back and Katy will be hosting the Synchronized Napping Event this year on August 11. This is a pairs event, but groups are also welcome to participate. There are two forms of Synchronized Napping. We have the Parallel Nappers and the Artistic Nappers. Participants can enter in either or both categories.

Please send your pictures to sheltietimes (at) yahoo (dot) com
So your pictures don't get lost please put Synchronized Napping in Subject of email so I can find your emails to enter you in the event.

We organized this event before Bailey passed so I'm using the examples I posted when I announced the event to demonstrate how you can participate.

This is an example of Parallel Napping although Bailey shouldn't be touching Katy to demonstrate better form. (Try telling Bailey he couldn't touch Katy.)


Artistic Napping gives you more freedom. The only rule is you and your partner must be touching somewhere during the nap. It could be as like Bailey and Katy here in this example or a tail draped over your napping partner. It can be a big or small connection, but the connection must be maintained for the nap picture to qualify. If you leave right after the picture is snapped we'll never know. When I originally posted this Katy's tail was draped over Bailey as they napped, the only place they were connected and that would qualify. The animals just have to have a connection. Cross species works as long as they like to nap. This event works best for those who like to conap.


You can find out more about the Pawlympics schedule here. Information on the Pawlypics can be found here. Deadline to sign up for events is July 15. That will happen quicker than you think. Good luck to everyone.

7 comments:

  1. BOW WOW, you're the DEFINITION of artistic napping!

    Your pal,
    Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love to nap so we need to get our pug butts organized and get our entries in
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'll have to try and get some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yin and Yang will be representing us in this wonderful event. We has the secretary shooting off an email as we meow and bark at you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We know Mama took a few different pictures and will make sure she emails them soon!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! We just discovered your doggie blog through the list of Pawlympic events at Paw Province. We have a couple photos you might be able to use for one of your napping events, but we're not sure where to send them.

    PS: We're very sorry to hear about you losing your dear Bailey.

    Chester, Joey, and the staff at The Daily Bone

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.